Thursday, August 3, 2017

Q&A / Alice Martineau

Alicce Martineau

Q&A

ALICE MARTINEAU

Rosanna Greenstreet
Saturday 8 February 2003 00.33 GMT


Alice Martineau, 28, was born with cystic fibrosis. She graduated with a first-class honours degree in English and then worked as a model before pursuing a career as a singer-songwriter in her mid-20s. Her debut album, Daydreams, was released last November; her new single, The Right Time, is out on Monday. She has been on the waiting list for a heart, liver and lung transplant for 18 months.

What is your idea of perfect happiness? 


Sitting by a beautiful lake, watching the sun go down and listening to my Walkman.

What is your greatest fear? 


Being buried alive.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? 


Indecisiveness.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? 


Selfishness.

What is your greatest extravagance? 


I love having massages.

What objects do you always carry with you? 


Oxygen canister, my medication, mobile phone, tube of Blisteze and a notebook for jotting lyrics.

What do you most dislike about your appearance? 


My ET fingers.

What is your favourite smell? 


Tea tree oil.

What is your favourite book? 


The New Oxford Book Of English Verse.

What is your favourite fantasy? 


Performing at Wembley.

For what cause would you die? 


None - I value my life too much.

Do you believe in monogamy? 


I would like to think I do.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue? 


Chastity.

What is your greatest regret? 


I don't believe in regret - what's the point when you can't change the past?

How do you relax? 


Light some candles and take a hot bath.

What would your motto be? 


Live life to the full.

What keeps you awake at night? 


Ideas of melodies and lyrics.

How would you like to die? 


I hope it involves loads of morphine.

Do you believe in life after death? 


Yes.

How would you like to be remembered? 


For my music.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you? 


Appreciate what you've got, because you never know when it's going to be taken away.





No comments:

Post a Comment